Help us brighten up the world one aloha shirt at a time and raise funds for Pride NW and pandemic relief. Post an Aloha Friday photo every week and you could win! The challenge starts Friday, March 20, and ends on Tiki Kon weekend, Friday, July 31.
If you didn't miss a week, your registration form must be submitted by August 12 to qualify for the grand prize!
How to Play
Post a new public photo of yourself in aloha wear every FridayPost to your Facebook and/or Instagram feed every Friday, March 20 - July 31.
Add the hashtagsThe photo and post must be public and include these tags: #alohafridaychallenge #tikikon
Please don't personally tag the event organizers in your posts--we already get too many notifications, LOL!
Don't miss a week, and don't forget to registerIf you complete the challenge without missing a week, fill out the registration form by midnight on August 12, 2020, to be eligible to win the prize. Even if you start late or miss a week, we'll still make a $1 donation to Pride NW and other local pandemic relief charities for every eligible weekly photo you post (one per week)!
One winner will be selected at random from all eligible players who survive the challenge and submit the registration form. Winner may select one of these prizes:
- A pair of 2020 event mugs by VanTiki
- $100 credit and front-of-the-line privileges for Tiki Kon 2021 passes (limit 2), including the Super Weekend Pass that includes the Sunday bar tour
- A $100 Hale Pele gift card
- In the photo, you must be wearing a major article of aloha wear with a tropical print, such as a shirt, dress, jacket, or cabana suit. Minor items like socks, shoes, hats, handbags, jewelry, or other accessories aren't sufficient to qualify.
- You may not post the same photo twice, but you may wear the same article(s) of clothing on multiple weeks.
- Only 1 photo per week per player is eligible for the Pride NW donation (max $20 donation per player).
- You must post to your Facebook or Instagram feed; we won't be able to find and verify photos posted in stories.
- Your post must include the hashtags #alohafridaychallenge #tikikon #pridenw
- The post and the photo must be public; if we can't find and access them, they don't count.
- Photos must be posted on or between March 20 and July 31, 2020.
- Photos do not not need to be selfies, but your face must be visible in the photo.
- The final tally and donation amount will be announced 2-4 weeks after Tiki Kon. Maximum contribution from Tiki Kon is $2,500.
- Winner will be announced by September 1, 2020.
- Tiki Kon reserves the right to re-post or publish one or more of your entry photos to promote the event or future charity fundraisers.
Show your support for Tiki Kon and the Portland LGBTQ+ community with a tax-deductible donation to Pride NW.
About Pride NW
Pride Northwest brings visibility to Oregon and SW Washington’s LGBTQ+ community, celebrates our history and accomplishments, and works to educate everyone about LGBTQ+ rights and more. They are the organization behind the Portland Pride Festival and support LGBTQ+ youth community building.