As cities go into lockdown, we are continuing to monitor the situation, but we still don't have enough information to know whether travel and assembly bans will be lifted before Tiki Kon. If at all possible, we will continue to hold the as planned July 31 - August 2. We are moving forward as planned, but are postponing some decisions and orders in case we do need to cancel.
Please see the 3/10/2020 update for details on our refund policy. You may cancel your ticket order and receive a full no-questions-asked refund up to 7 days before Tiki Kon and cancel hotel rooms by that date with no penalty. Cancellations after that will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
In the meantime, please:
- Be smart and observe stay-at-home orders
- Do whatever you can to support friends who have been laid off, especially the staff at your favorite local Tiki bar
- Place online merchandise orders and buy gift cards from any small businesses you would hate to lose, if those options are available
- Be kind to one another, be patient
- Take care of your self, physically, mentally, and emotionally
We will get through this.
We love you and don't want you to get sick. But we also refuse to live in fear. Read our official response to the current COVID-19 outbreak.
There's a lot of fear and confusion out there right now about COVID-19, commonly known as coronavirus. We're getting bombarded by conflicting information in the news and social media, and it's hard to know what the real risks are for travel and attending community events like Tiki Kon.
We're not going to be jerks and tell you it's all just media hype, and that you can be irresponsible with your actions and hygiene. But we're also not going to contribute to unhelpful fearmongering and misinformation. Let's all just be level-headed here and make sure we're not putting others at risk, okay?
Here's what we do know:
- There's a lot of time between now and Tiki Kon.
- Tiki Kon won't be canceled or rescheduled unless required by local or federal government. To be honest, that would probably bankrupt us. No more Tiki Kon.
- You and you alone are responsible for determining whether you should attend based on your level of acceptable risk.
- We offer no-questions-asked tickets and hotel cancellation until 7 days before Tiki Kon, so buy your tickets, book your room, and carry on.
- If it's still an issue by end of July, the airlines should still be waiving change fees if you need to cancel or change your plans.
- We expect our attendees to be responsible and practice good hygiene, and to not attend if they are showing symptoms of the virus or other contagious ailments.
- For our senior guests, or those with respiratory issues or compromised immune systems, we recommend getting clearance from a physician before attending if the outbreak has not been contained by then.
You need to make your own decisions about your health and risk factors, but as things stand today, all systems are go for Tiki Kon: Eye of the Tiki! We will keep you updated as conditions change and we get closer to Tiki Kon weekend.