By attending Tik Kon (“Event”), you (“Guest”) agree to the following waiver and terms & conditions. If you purchase tickets/passes or reserve hotel rooms on behalf of other attendees, they are considered your guests, and you are responsible for providing them a copy of this agreement, and for their acceptance of and compliance with this agreement.
If read nothing else, read this:
- You release us from any liability or claims due to accident, injury, theft, etc., and you agree to be responsible and safe while at Tiki Kon.
- You consent to information sharing between Hotel and Tiki Kon.
- You understand that event schedule and presenters/performers may change due to events beyond our control, that refunds are limited, and that you may not get the bar tour bus that you requested (Super Weekend Pass holders only).
- You understand that refunds are only available up to 7 days before Tiki Kon, and that Eventbrite fees may not be refundable.
- You promise to keep private room parties private, not sell booze, and not serve minors.
- You promise not to bring your own booze into show rooms, meeting rooms, and other public areas of the hotel.
- You promise not to re-sell event merchandise for 4 months after Tiki Kon (the "no flipping" rule), or sell your tickets to another party for more than you paid for them (the "no scalping" rule).
- You understand you will be ejected and banned from Tiki Kon if you yell at volunteers or staff, or treat them poorly.
- You agree to not attempt to get tickets/passers through cheating.
- You consent to being photographed and/or recorded.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY
- You assume the risks associated with alcohol consumption and take full responsibility for your own actions, safety and welfare.
- You acknowledge and agree that Tiki Kon shall not be responsible or liable for any accident, injury, theft, loss or damage whatsoever sustained by you in conjunction with any activity at the Event. You waive any and all claims against Tiki Kon.
- You understand that it is solely your responsibility to be present at all scheduled points of departure at the times and locations provided by Tiki Kon, for transportation to off-site portions of the Event. Tiki Kon does not assume any responsibility or liability for any expenses incurred by you, direct or consequential, by reason of your failure to board Event transportation for any reason.
- You understand that Tiki Kon cannot certify or guarantee the ingredients of any meals included in ticket packages. We will do our best to work with the Hotel to provide vegetarian and gluten free meal options, and to provide detailed ingredient lists upon request at the time of serving, but we cannot guarantee the accuracy of such. If you have critical food sensitivities, we suggest considering alternate dining options.
TERMS OF ACCOMMODATION
If you are lodging at the DoubleTree by Hilton (“Hotel”), the host hotel for Tiki Kon, as part of your attendance at Event, the following additional terms apply:
- You consent to allow Hotel to release your reservation and contact details to Tiki Kon, and to allow Tiki Kon to release your name and attendance information to Hotel.
- Prior to departure, you agree to pay all incidental charges made against your guest room.
- Please inquire directly with the Hotel regarding cancellation policies.
SCHEDULE CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS
You acknowledge that event schedules, times, performers, presenters, bar tour skippers, and all other aspects of Tiki Kon are subject to change at any time due to conditions beyond our control. No part of a weekend pass shall be refundable if an included individual performance, presentation, or activity is changed or cancelled. Separate add-on tickets for special presentations are refundable if cancelled.
Super Weekend Pass holders are asked to specify a 1st and 2nd choice of bar tour bus skippers when purchasing their tickets. These are requests only. We cannot guarantee that you will be accommodated on either of the buses you selected, but we will do our best to honor your request and keep your party together.
Tickets may be cancelled and refunded until 7/24/2020 at 10:00 AM PDT. After that time, tickets are non-refundable. Eventbrite fees are only refundable for the first 7 days after purchase. After that time, the fees are non-refundable. To request cancellation and refund, you must log in to your Eventbrite account, find your order, then select "Request a Refund."
CODE OF CONDUCT
- You understand that you will be a member of a group and agree to conduct yourself in a way that does not endanger your self or the group, or detract from the enjoyment of others.
- You agree to not bring outside alcoholic beverages into meeting rooms, performance spaces, or common areas of the hotel during Tiki Kon weekend. Room drinks may only be consumed in guest rooms. Only alcohol purchased from hotel staff may be consumed on premises outside of private guest rooms. Consumption of outside alcohol may result in confiscation and your exclusion from the event. Violations of this policy put our host hotel's liquor license at risk, and we take it very seriously.
- If you are hosting hosting a party, gathering, or hospitality suite in a private hotel room at the Event, you agree to:
- Follow all hotel policies, including but not limited to those regarding noise and nuisance, and to follow directions of hotel staff,
- Keep private parties private, and admit only friends or registered Tiki Kon guests,
- Not sell alcohol to anyone, nor serve alcohol to minors,
- Verify all guests in attendance have valid Tiki Kon admission wristbands.
- You agree not to re-sell any official Tiki Kon merchandise for a period four (4) months after the event without written consent of the event producers. We do this to prevent "flipping" of our exclusive, limited edition items, and to ensure there is enough merchandise for all attendees who wish to purchase. Flippers will be banned and shamed.
- You agree to not re-sell Tiki Kon tickets/passes for more than you paid for them and understand that doing so will result in permanent exclusion.
- You agree to never be cross, mean, rude, or disrespectful to Tiki Kon volunteers, and understand that this is never acceptable and is grounds for being shamed, ejected without refund, and banned from the event in perpetuity. They work for free and deserve respect. If you need someone to yell at, ask to speak to a manager or event organizer. Only worthless trash treats volunteers and front-line staff poorly.
- You agree to not attempt to acquire tickets/passes for which you are not eligible, through dishonesty, hacking the system, or any other fraudulent means, and understand this will result in permanent exclusion.
- You agree not to sell photographs or time based media captured at Tiki Kon, or use them for any commercial purposes, without the express written consent of a) all persons appearing therein, and b) the owners of any copyrighted or trademarked materials appearing therein.
NOTICE OF FILMING AND PHOTOGRAPHY
By attending Tiki Kon, you consent to being photographed, filmed and/or otherwise recorded by official event photographers, members of the press, vendors, other guests, and other affiliates. Your entry into the Event constitutes your consent to such photography, filming and/or recording and to any use, in any and all media throughout the universe in perpetuity, of your appearance, voice and name for any purpose whatsoever in connection with Tiki Kon.