By applying for inclusion in the Tiki Kon Art Show, Artist consents to be bound by the following agreement.
1. AGENCY; PURPOSES. The Artist appoints Tiki Kon as agent for the works of art (“Artworks”) consigned under the Agreement, for the purposes of exhibition and sale. Tiki Kon shall not permit the Artworks to be used for any other purposes not described in this Agreement without written consent of the Artist.
2. CONSIGNMENT. The Artist hereby consigns to Tiki Kon and Tiki Kon accepts on consignment, one or more of those artworks listed in this application which have been selected by Tiki Kon for exhibition and sale. A panel of Tiki Kon staff members will review all submitted Artworks by all consignees and select those best suited for exhibition.
3. WARRANTY. The Artist hereby warrants that the pieces are original works that he/she created and to which he/she possesses unencumbered title, and that their descriptions are true and accurate.
4. DURATION OF CONSIGNMENT. Artist and Tiki Kon agree that the term of consignment for the Artworks shall last for 21 days, starting on the first day of Tiki Kon, July 5, 2019, and ending July 26, 2019. Artworks sold during the consignment term are subject to the commission rates specified in this Agreement, regardless of whether they are sold by Tiki Kon, the artist, or any other party.
5. DISPLAY. Artworks will be on public display at the Tiki Kon conference, July 5-7, 2019. After Tiki Kon weekend, unsold Artworks will be offered for sale through Tiki Kon's social media channels for the duration of the consignment term. Tiki Kon and the Art Show Coordinator maintain sole control over the display, placement, lighting and labeling of the Artworks under consignment.
6. DELIVERY. Artworks selected for exhibition must be delivered by Artist framed and ready for display and hanging, as instructed in advance by the Art Show Coordinator. If artwork is received not ready for display as instructed, Artist is responsible for any additional materials and labor expenses needed to make Artworks ready for display, to be deducted from proceeds of sale, or added to return shipping invoice for unsold Artworks. Shipping arrangements, packing and shipping charges, insurance costs, other handling expenses, and risk of loss or damage incurred in the delivery of Artworks from the Artist to Tiki Kon, and in their return to the Artist, shall be the responsibility of the Artist. The Art Show Coordinator will make arrangements to receive the Artworks, return any unsold Artworks to the Artist using the Artist’s preferred shipping method, and prepare and present invoices for any return shipping expenses.
a. If being shipped to Tiki Kon, artworks must be received by the Art Show Coordinator no later than June 21, 2019. Artworks not received by that date may be excluded from the show at the Art Show Coordinator’s discretion.
b. If Artist is also a Vendor at Tiki Kon, the Artworks may be delivered in person when Artist arrives, and unsold Artworks may be retrieved in person at the conclusion of the show.
c. Unsold Artworks will be shipped back to Artist using the shipping method by which they were originally delivered, unless otherwise requested by Artist. Return shipping expenses are the responsibility of Artist. Upon completion of consignment term, Tiki Kon will submit an invoice to Artist, and Artworks will be shipped back within two (2) weeks of receipt of payment.
c. If anyone other than the Artist is to retrieve unsold Artworks at the end of the consignment term, written authorization from the Artist must be given to Tiki Kon by US mail, electronic messaging, or presented by the person picking up the works. All responsibility for the safe transfer of the works remain with the Artist.
7. RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE; INSURANCE COVERAGE. Tiki Kon shall not be responsible for loss, theft or damage to consigned Artworks while they are in the custody of the Art Show Coordinator or Tiki Kon, due to Tiki Kon’s inability to establish value of consigned Artwork for insurance purposes regardless of retail price assigned by Artist. However, Tiki Kon relies on its reputation as a trusted consignor and custodian of Artists’ work and will take reasonable measures to ensure theft or loss does not occur, including secure storage of Artworks while in Tiki Kon’s custody and supervision of Artworks during the exhibition.
8. PRICING; COMMISSION; TERMS OF PAYMENT. Tiki Kon shall sell the Artworks only at the retail price specified by the Artist, with commission payment being deducted from the sale price. Any change in the retail price or in Tiki Kon’s commission must be agreed upon in advance by the Artist and Tiki Kon. Payment to the Artist shall be made by check within three (3) weeks following the date of sale.
a. Tiki Kon’s commission for sales of Artworks shall be 25% for Artists who are not exhibitors at the Tiki Kon conference during the current calendar year.
b. Tiki Kon’s commission for sales of Artworks shall be 10% for Artists who are exhibitors at the Tiki Kon conference during the current calendar year, and who deliver the artwork to the Art Show Coordinator in person.
9. TITLE TO ARTWORK. Title to each of the Artworks remains with the Artist until the Artwork is sold and payment is made by the purchaser; then title passes directly to the purchaser. Title passes directly to Tiki Kon for Artworks not picked up in person by the Artist within three (3) weeks after conclusion of the consignment term, or for Artworks for which return shipping payment has not been made within two (2) weeks after Tiki Kon submits invoice to Artist for payment of return shipping expenses.
10. Promotion. Tiki Kon shall use its best efforts to promote the sale of the Artworks. Tiki Kon agrees to provide adequate display of the Artworks and to undertake other promotional activities on the Artist’s behalf. Tiki Kon shall identify clearly all Artworks with the Artist’s name, and the Artist’s name shall be included on the bill of sale of each of the Artworks.
11. REPRODUCTION RIGHTS. The Artist reserves all rights to the reproduction of the Artworks except as noted in in this Agreement. Tiki Kon assumes the right to use images of Artworks to publicize and promote the Artworks or the Tiki Kon Art Show, through social media and other means, in perpetuity. In every instance of such use, the Artist shall be acknowledged as the creator and copyright owner of the Artwork.
12. CONDUCT. Artist agrees to not defame, bring into disrepute or otherwise damage the name, goodwill or property of Tiki Kon, Sandy Bottom Productions LLC, any and all Tiki Kon guests, or any other artist, vendor or sponsor. Artist further agrees to not bring complaints of plagiarism without actionable evidence and proof of intellectual property ownership.
13. TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT. This Agreement may be terminated by Artist at any time before commencement of the consignment term. In such case, Artist is responsible for return shipping expenses as described in Section 6 of this Agreement, and subject to loss of title if payment is not made for return shipping as described in Section 9. This Agreement may be terminated at any time by Tiki Kon, for any reason, at which time Artworks will be returned to Artist at Tiki Kon's expense, within 2 weeks of receipt of written notice to terminate by Artist.
14. AMENDMENTS. Amendments to this Agreement must be presented in writing and signed by both Artist and Tiki Kon.
15. FORCE MAJEURE. If Tiki Kon is unable to perform any of its obligations under this Agreement due to events beyond its reasonable control, Artworks will be returned to the Artist, and Tiki Kon will be responsible for return shipping expenses.
By submitting this online application to exhibit Artworks, Artist agrees to the terms of this Agreement in full.